Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peter's Favorite Pasta

I found stole this recipe from a blog of a friend of a friend. I have heard that she is a fantasic cook, so I thought I couldn't go wrong.  Sure enough this turned out delicious. I have to admit it was the first time I was working three burners but I think I am getting the hang of it now. Three burners turned into three thumbs up from the people I have made it for. 

Penne Pasta (1/2 to 3/4 box)
Chicken Breast Tenderloins
1 Pack Sliced Mushrooms
1 Jar Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 Packet Knorr Alfredo Mix (per directions)
Parmesan Cheese...i use the fresh shredded Wegmans cheese shop brand
Butter
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

  • Saute chicken seasoned with salt and pepper in olive oil (set aside)
  • In same pan, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and saute mushrooms until cooked, add sun dried tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
  • Cook pasta al dente drain/ don't rinse.
  • In the pan pasta was cooked, prepare Alfredo mix per directions, then add the pasta until coated with sauce. (I just made the sauce in a sauce pan) hence burner #3.
  • Mix in mushrooms, tomatoes and chicken (sliced thin), and lots of parmesan cheese!
  • Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with more olive oil.   
Cant think of anyway to tweak this recipe. Its perfect as is.


No comments:

Post a Comment